Friday, July 27, 2012

Some AMAZING Quotes from John Calvin

If I should enter the pulpit without deigning to look at a book and should frivolously think to myself, "Oh,well,when I preach, God will give me enough to say, " and come here without troubling to read or think what I ought to declare, and do not carefully consider how I must apply Holy Scripture to the edification of the people, then I should be an arrogant upstart.
~John Calvin


"These hands you may crush, there arms you may lop off, my life you may take my blood is yours, you may shed it; but you shall never force me to give holy things to the profaned and dishonor the table of my God."
~John Calvin
about the Lords supper


" Where the Lord closes His holy mouth, let us also stop our minds from going any further."  In other words, he would say no more than Scripture.
 ~John Calvin                                                                           



No comments:

Post a Comment